Tuesday, July 21, 2009

More from Day +5

Becky is sitting in the recliner watching the Cubs and the Phillies waiting on the Cardinals and Astros to start. She has had a pretty good day and has been up since morning. We did a lap today but that pretty well wore her out. She said when we got back to the room that her heart was racing like she had run a mile. Her counts are still lower tonight with the WBC at 1.5. Dr. DiPersio came in this afternoon and said she was in Phase 1 and doing well but still had a long way to go but he has her back. She told him she was counting on that. Of course we all know that God is in control of it all but it's nice to have the head of the department of oncology as your doctor too.

She has had a little better appetite today with baked chicken for lunch, a little chicken Quesadilla for supper and snacks of Cheetos and Cracker Jacks. She's also gotten 2 banana milkshakes today so that should help with the nutrition. I'm just glad she feels like eating something.

Not much else happening here. We are so thankful for the care and concern of family and friends. May God give all a restful evening.

Becky and Barb

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky and Barb,

    I have to share how God's truly blessed us today at VBS. As I was praying for VBS last night, I wanted to break 300 kids. We have been so close since I've been working at VBS but just hadn't broke it. I also explained to God that if we break 300 kids we will need around 10 more volunteers. Today, at VBS guess how many kids we had? We had 302. I was so excited!! Yea God! So, then I asked LuAnn how many more helpers did we get, she said 9, then one of the gals who said she couldn't be there today showed up late, so viola, our 10 more helpers. Isn't it amazing! He never ceases to amaze me. I did pray for the rain to stay away and it rained but we had fun playing games in the foyer and it gave me a good chance to connect with the kids on a smaller scale. God's plan. Although it was fun, I am still praying for sunshine tomorrow :)

    I'm so thankful to hear you eating! YEA! Remember, food is your friend. And good for you, you did a lap. I can honestly say that if I had done that lap with you my heart would've raced as if I had done a mile, too :) I am so out of shape and really have to get back on my bike!

    Been praying for you bunches. God's answers to mine today was one of His ways of reassuring me He is answering all the ones being lifted up for you!

    You are such a blessing. Sleep well tonight my good friend and her incredible sister! Prayers are being lifted up for the both of you!!!! Dana

    ReplyDelete