Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day +5

Becky chose the verse for today which is Psalm 104:33 and 34. "I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. May my meditation be pleasing to Him, as I rejoice in the Lord". We rejoice in a restful night and a new day of life. Becky has been up and had her bath, washed her hair, had breakfast (OJ, biscuit with butter and jelly, and Rice Krispies), done her mouth care and is now sitting in the recliner with her Bible trying to read. Her vision is blurry at times so I read her daily Bible reading to her some but today seems to be a good day. Some of the chemo drugs cause mouth sores but so far she has none because she is faithful to do her mouth rinses.

Her appetite is not real good and they have told her to eat anything she feels like. At 8:10 last night she wanted a banana milkshake but the kitchen closed at 8. There is a Dairy Queen in the Children's Hospital which is attached to this one but she didn't want me out running around alone late at night. Tonight we'll order one before 8 and have it ready for her.

She received several notes from people about the first day of VBS at Glendale and she really enjoyed hearing what a great time they had. We will be praying for the teachers and students both at Glendale and at Tomahawk Christian Church (Barb's home church) in WV which is also in VBS this week.

The nurse was just in explaining what might happen today which is Becky just getting weaker and not feeling like doing anything. We may try to walk a little but we'll not push it too much.

We pray you will all have a Godly day.

Becky and Barb

2 comments:

  1. Hey Barb/Becky: we have loved the blog--we read to the entire family each blog spot --updates from becky...everytime, they all go, wow--God is sure good to her.. praying for her every day... we're really enjoying being with grandkids this week... not sure we could have gone with three under three--two under three is a handful... take care.. love you all ... Richard & Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky and Barb, Thank you so much for keeping us all up-dated on this Blog. I have never blogged before and I think it is GREAT!!! It really has been a blessing to hear all the ups and the downs of the days.( We want to know them both). God truly is amazing and is doing incrediable things there. Becky you have blessed the hearts of so many with your stregnth and courage. You are truly a fighter. We will continue to lift you up to the King and healer. I hope tonight and tomorrow brings smiles, laughter and much Joy!!! Barb, I don't know you but I thank you for all that you are doing.
    Love you, Sheryl Crain

    ReplyDelete