Chemo went well last night and we both slept well. Because the drug I have to start tomorrow morning can cause seizures, they started me on Dilantin 300mg three times a day and it is causing some flushing and shakes. I will stay on this drug at least while I take the next chemo drug which will be from tomorrow until the 15th. I have some swelling in my neck above the new port and was suppose to have an ultrasound today to rule out a bloodclot but the order was put in wrong and it being the weekend it will have to wait until later. The main doctor today said he was not too concerned about it being a clot but wanted to rule it out.
Jessica and Amy came today to visit and set up this Blog site for us to use for the daily updates. We enjoyed their visit and are grateful for their help. Jessica took over the "Lap Police" duties for 3 trips today. I ended up walking 18 laps today and my goal is 22 laps or 1 mile tomorrow.
Jess and Amy will be here again and BJ and Larania are coming and we are going to have church service at 11 in the room with communion and listening to a sermon from my Daddy which was done in June. I invited my nurse and she said she would like to come if her schedule will allow.
We have had some good laughs today and rejoice in the day the Lord has made. God is so good!!
May you all be blessed as you worship and glorify Him tomorrow.
Talk to you again tomorrow.
Love and thanks,
Becky and Barb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I got your blog set up to follow. What a beautiful morning it is! Geena sings with the Teen praise band at church and they are singing for the Jr. and Sr. high this morning so she had to be there by 8. Don is videoing the first service so he went with her. I don't have to play today so I am going to the second service, I ususally pick up Mom, but she called and isn't feeling well so she isn't going. Geena's boyfriend, Grant, stayed with us last night and is coming with me.
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a good service in your room and so glad you have some support while you are there.
In our prayers!
Sherry