Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day +2 Still

Today has been relatively uneventful for Day +2. She is beginning to have a few of the minor side effects that are expected like loss of appetite, change in tastes, diarrhea, etc. but none of the fevers or chills. She has made one lap today but doesn't have the energy to do a lot more. She is walking some in the room, especially to the bathroom! The dietician came by yesterday and told us if she wanted something that wasn't on the menu to just ask for it so we have requested a banana milkshake the last 2 evenings and she's enjoyed them. We don't know how long that will taste good but while it does, we'll order it.

It was nice for us to have some friends from home visit today for a few minutes and we have received several calls and emails. She has slept some this afternoon which she really needed. They unhooked her from the IV's for about 4 hours today and she enjoyed her "freedom".

Dr. DiPersio, her main doctor, came in today and said that "things are right on track". He also said there was just a lot of waiting to be done now. Patience has never been one of my strong points but it looks like I'm going to have to learn.

Our prayer is that all of you may have a good day tomorrow in worship.

Love,
Becky and Barb

3 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray! Praising the Lord that the fever has reduced and that the blood transfusion has worked and energy has increased a little.
    You are missed and we are covering you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I'm ashamed to say that you have, once again, out exercised me. One lap, way to go! I spent most of the day playing on my computer. I did some vbs stuff, it never stops, then walked to the kitchen, the bathroom and back to the computer. I did stop and play with the dogs and talk to the kids and Tom. Not a whole lot of movement there. Let me know when you get tired of the banana milkshake, I could bring you up some cream of broccili soup or some cashew :)

    Love you girlfriend, been thinking and praying for you all day! Have an awesome night and chat with you tomorrow. Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky & Barb,
    I hope you ladies got a little rest last night. Today is supposed to be a beautiful day and I must go to work. I'll be tackling the yard with the mower this afternoon when I get home...great fun! Unfortunately, it is the only day that I've had the opportunity. I better do it or risk getting kicked out of the neighborhood! I had a good, but very busy night at BPS last night and I was exhausted when I finally got home; so, I rested well.
    I hope you have a great day today; maybe a couple of laps will be in order. Becky, you hang in there and stay strong. You can do this! Barb, you continue to work on the patience factor...I'm not very good at that either! I'm praying for you both. Love ya, B.J.

    ReplyDelete