Matt. 11:28,29 seems appropriate this morning which says, "Come unto Me all ye that are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you willl find rest for your souls".
Becky is still sleeping this morning so I'm blogging without her reading it. (She usually has to approve before I can send it). The pain finally won last night and she had to ask for Oxycodone at 10:00. They gave her Zofran for nausea first and the pain med about 15 minutes later and she didn't get sick. I'm not sure she would anyway but has in the past with narcotics so she doesn't want to take a chance on it. She woke up again about 4:30 to the bathroom and the pain was getting bad again so they repeated the Zofran and Oxycodone about 5 and she's sleeping good now without pain. She can have it every 6 hours but it will make her sleep so I'm not sure if she'll want to take it during the day. This pain should continue until the Neupogen shots end and her counts come back to normal. The white count was even lower last night than the night before at 0.7 but the doctor said she should start back up in the next day or two. Please keep praying that the counts improve and the pain is tolerable for her.
She counted cards yesterday and there were 90 on the wall as well as several she has received through email. She is so blessed to have so many Christian friends. Of course to have a friend you have to be a friend and she is a perfect example of that.
Have a Godly day!
Becky and Barb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I will definitely pray for improved counts and pain management. I am also praying that all the right things are going on inside her body for the best possible results. This blog is the first thing I check every morning when I get on the computer and the last thing I look at before I go to bed at night - thanks for keeping it up to date. Carole H
ReplyDeleteBecky/Barb: good morning.. we're back home and have checked the blog every day while we were away and shared the news with family.. am definitely praying for improvement in counts and pain tolerance.. went to first Christian in E-town for worship yesterday.. really enjoyed being there.. saw several folk we all know.. just wanted you to know we love you both very much and praying for God's continued healing and grace.. Richard
ReplyDelete