Thursday, July 16, 2009

DAY ZERO

We awoke this morning to the sun streaming down from above. What a beautiful day the Lord has made. There's a song stuck in my head the last couple of days that is also one of Becky's favorite scripture verses, "He who began a good work in you, will be faithful to complete it". That is our theme for today. We rejoice in this new day. I sang Happy Birthday to her at about the time Mother said she was born this morning about 6:10.


Our night wasn't as restful as it could have been because the IV machine kept getting air in the lines and beeping. The nurses must have been busy because one time it took over 15 minutes for her to get here but we made it. Becky is a little tired and shakey this morning but that could be from lack of sleep or from her new diabetes. She has had her bath and eaten a little breakfast and is now talking to a longtime friend from PA. I'll read her all the birthday wishes she is receiving in a little bit.


We talked with Hope this morning and Rachel was there and Marty was on the way so they will be up here about 11 or so. We haven't heard from Daddy yet but I'm sure he's up. They'll be here soon I'm sure.

I'll try and post the blog again tonight after the transplant. Hope's bringing a camera so we can get pictures of the 2 birthday celebrations.

Love,
Becky and Barb

6 comments:

  1. check out the post comments from yesterday... if you haven't already.. love ya, Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Becky! I will be praying for you all throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, Many prayers for connecting flights and the glorious blessings of God on your donor.
    Day zero, hard to believe it came so fast. So, I wish I could be there in person, but you know how many are there with you in spirit. You are on our minds/hearts & will continue to be throughout this entire adventure. God bless your birthday...
    Prayers for the Drs., nurses, techs, cleaning crew, paperwork people, whoever comes in contact w/anything that has your name on it. We ask for diligence, insight, wisdom, confidence, willingness to hear/listen to the voice of God as you enter the OR. love linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Momma!! I love you...bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Becky,

    Happy, Happy, Birthday.

    I know that you are glad to done with the Chemo. Shall we call it Phase I. Now on and upward to Phase II. PTL.

    I too wish I could be there today, but I am glad that your family can be with you.

    You are:
    In My Heart + On My Mind = Lot of Prayer.
    Love YOU!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers this evening! Steve & Ann

    ReplyDelete