Psalm 63:1-8
"O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. My sould will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I rememeber you; I think of you through the watches of the night. Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."
We spent a big part of the day today at the hospital with the blood draw and port dressing change at 9 and then the doctors appointment at 2. They again had trouble getting blood from the port and after 2 nurses working with her they were finally able to get 2 of the lumens to give a blood return. The other one flushes good with saline but just won't give a blood return. The lab nurse went on and did the dressing change herself instead of making Becky wait for another nurse to do it. That sure helped.
We came home after the blood work and Becky rested while I went to the store for a few items we needed. I got back and did some laundry and ironing and fixed lunch and then we headed back to the hospital for the doctor visit. We finally got back to see the doctor about 2:35 and were out of there by 3. She said Becky was doing well and we already have another appointment scheduled for Monday.
The blood work was good with her Hemoglobin at 12.0 (normal 12.1-15.1), Hematocrit 34.5 (nl. 36.1-44.3), Platelets 127 (nl. 140-440) and ANC 3.2 (nl. 1.8-6.6). They are really pleased with the lab results. The Tacrolimus level was over 6 and they want it between 5-10 but her sugar was elevated, her blood pressure was elevated, and she is having a lot more hand tremors. She decided to decrease Becky's Tacrolimus dosage to 1 mg in the morning and 0.5mg in the evening. She will have another level done on Monday and then she will see what needs to be done from there.
We went to the Pharmacy after leaving the doctors office but the new medicine wasn't ready yet so I brought Becky back to the apartment and waited a while. It was really hot out today and when she got home she had another wave of nausea and again vomited a small amount and then felt better. I went back about 4:45 and got the medicine after calling to make sure it was ready.
Becky is feeling much better now, ate supper, and is now waiting to watch the Cardinals on TV tonight.
Again we rejoice in the good report and appreciate so much your continued prayers and thoughts.
Love,
Becky and Barb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Becky and Barb,
ReplyDeleteLife is getting crazy around here with getting kids ready for school. Keaton made the JV Soccer team and I am very proud! Collins turned 10 today so we are knee deep in cake and ice cream. I'm loving it :) Tomorrow we go to the Jr. High for Lydia and the HS for Keaton to get their schedules and let them roam the halls.
Did Norma tell you we found you a weighted keyboard? Someone talked to her and Sarah Pence talked to me so we actually have two. We'll get them up to you soon so you can see which one feels better :) Sarah said it was dusty and said that's okay, Barb would clean it before Becky played it :)
Can't wait to see you again. Sept. definatly if I don't get there before. Love and miss you, praying for you daily! Dana
Good Morning!
ReplyDeleteI prayed about that port yesterday morning on the way to Bible study and I am glad they were able to get it to work, at least in part. I am also thankful that the lab results are encouraging. Thanks for some other specifics to pray about.
I have that keyboard in my back seat. I plan to head out late this afternoon to my son's place in St. Peters and I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. I asked the people at Bible Study to pray for travel safety for the keyboard! See ya. Carole
Dear Becky and Barb,
ReplyDeleteWe are back from our camping trip. We had a good time. We spent Wed at SDC and part of Thurs also.
More good news from your tests. Yeah!
I am so thankful to our Lord.
The taping we were planing to go to got canceled. I am really sad because I will miss seeing Katheryn Ann and Dean.
I just finished dinner, and we have not unpacked yet so I had better get busy.
Love, Connie