Sunday, August 16, 2009

Aug. 16 Day +31

Psalm 84:1-4,10-12 " How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! My sould yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my lflesh cry out for the living God.
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young--a space near your altar, O Lord Almighty , my King and my God. Blessed are those who dwell in hour house; they are ever praising you.
Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.
O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you."

We have had a good Lord's Day today. Becky got up singing Happy Birthday and bringing a gift. It's the big 60 for Barb today. We had breakfast and got cleaned up for church. We listened to Tim, Barb's son, again today. He had a very good sermon on Aquilla, Priscilla and Apollos and how we need to encourage each other in the church. We had scripture reading and communion together too. We also had live music with our service. Becky played the keyboard for about 15 minutes. It was really a wonderful addition. Thanks Carole for bringing it.

Becky said Barb could decide what to cook for her birthday dinner today. Ha!! We had a good lunch of meatloaf, green beans and noodles. The afternoon was spent watching golf, sorry Tiger lost, and Cardinal baseball they are losing too. There's been a couple hard rain showers here this afternoon which were really needed.

We have a big day planned for us tomorrow with lab at 9:15, a bone marrow biopsy at 10 and a doctor's appointment at 11:15 or whenever the biopsy is over. Pray that the port will work well, and the biopsy will go as easily as possible.

Love,
Becky and Barb

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Barb,

    60....wow......much older sister now...thinking of and thankful for you every day.

    GOD BLESS

    Steve and Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt B, I sure hope you enjoyed YOUR day!! I am so thankful for you. I am praying that everything goes well today for Mom. It's going to be a busy day. I love you both. Can't wait to be there this weekend. I am bringing some movies that mom sort of requested...haha! I'm sure you can guess what they are!!
    I love you both very much!

    ReplyDelete