Friday, August 21, 2009

August 21 Day +36

Psalm 139:13-16 " For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mohter's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I waas made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body."

We are really praising the Lord this afternoon after seeing the Nurse Practioner. The report is 99.5% (they mean 100%) donor cells in her bone marrow which means the transplant worked!!
They never did find the blood culture report but she said they would have called if there had been an infection present and put her on another antibiotic.

They again had trouble getting blood from the catheter and were only able to get blood from one of the three lumens but they all flushed good again. The labs showed the platelets at 179 up from 162 and the Hemoglobin 10.4 and Hematocrit 30.5 which are lower than last week but still nothing to cause a problem.

Her blood pressure was improved, the pulse better and the tremors have decreased so the Atenolol is working like it's suppose to. She wondered about stopping the Atenolol but since that's what's helping she'll be staying on it for now.

She walked to the office from the parking garage and from one side of the seventh floor to the other twice and back to the parking garage so she is pretty wiped out right now. BJ was here for the day and went to the appointments with us and now they are both resting. Becky was feeling a little nauseated so she took a half a Phenergan. We were going to go out and celebrate with a steak dinner but not too sure about that now.

She will continue to see the Nurse Practitioner weekly for the next month and then see Dr. DiPersio on Sept. 21 and if all goes well between now and then, should be able to go home after that. She will have to make weekly trips for lab until the 100 day mark, when she will have another bone marrow biopsy and PET Scan, and then will go to every 2 weeks to St. Louis and the week in between to see Dr. Hoos in Springfield. They may take the catheter out before she leaves St. Louis if she avoids the CMV virus. Always an "IF" but right now things look good.

We thank all of you for your prayers and support and just Praise Him! God sure does amazing things in our lives.

Love,
Becky and Barb

1 comment:

  1. Dear Becky and Barb,

    What wonderful news!! Yes, God is Good. Thank you, Jesus. We are all so happy for you and for us. We get to keep you around longer. We will enjoy from your sweet spirit, your faith, and your music.

    Hope you felt like going out for that steak
    dinner to celebrate.

    I am feeling pretty good this PM. I got some things done, but I wish I had done more. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

    Love yoou,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete