Saturday, August 15, 2009

Aug. 15 Day +30

Luke 18:1 "Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose heart". There may be times when we do tend to lose heart, but praying to God in any circumstance is the answer.

It's been a pretty restful day from getting up late to sitting and watching golf and baseball during the day. Becky did walk with me down to get the mail this afternoon and then when we got back she did some on the stairwell. Up and down one flight of 8 steps was enough for her though for one day.

We have talked to most of our family in MO, IN, and WV today. Cell phones sure are great to have especially when most of our family is on the same plan.

Not much else to report from here. We will be thinking of you as you worship in the Lord's house tomorrow and we will be worshipping here.

Love,
Becky and Barb

3 comments:

  1. Good morning.. good to see things are going so well.. hope you have a great day today.. is today someone's birthday? hmmmm.. could it be Barb's?? if so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love ya, Richard & Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to check in and see that you have been doing well. The visits from family and friends, no doubt are a blessing to you all.
    It is so wonderful to see God at work in your circumstance and the glory you give Him. In the James 5:14 time at church this morning, I mentioned you in my prayer, knowing that God is able to step in our situation and when I read how you are doing, what confirmation that He is doing just that.
    I am praying for you to continue to get stronger and for God to continue to be glorified in your life and the life of your amazing family.

    In His Grip,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, I am back in Springfield this evening. I am sure glad I had the opportunity to visit you last Friday. I didn't realize how close your apartment is to the zoo, but my kids knew, so we spent most of the rest of the day with the hippos and rhinos and penquins, etc. I hope the keyboard will be good therapy for you - I am glad I was able to transport it safely.
    I will certainly be praying about that bone marrow biopsy tomorrow. BE SURE to take whatever pain meds they offer for that procedure! I will look forward to news of good results. Love you Carole

    ReplyDelete