Psalm 62:5-8 says, " Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge."
Becky had a more restful night last night with the fever finally gone. She also had finally gotten the diarrhea under better control with some Imodium. She had a little this morning but is doing a lot better this afternoon. It was evidently caused by the Augmentin which was stopped yesterday. We saw Dr. Hoos this afternoon and he said things seemed to be going well. He said she "looked good" but to me she looks worse than she did last week but he didn't see her then. Hopefully things are turning around and she will begin to get stronger now. Her counts had dropped again from Friday but with 3 days of being sick that's not unusual.
When we got home she ate some "Jigglers" and proceeded to throw them up within 10 minutes, so was given a half a Phenergan and then 15 minutes later ate a baked potato and bacon and has felt fine since. She's still really weak since she hasn't eaten much in the last 3 days. She also ate a grilled cheese sandwich for supper. We'll see how things set this evening now.
We pray that the fever will stay gone and she will be able to gain her strength back in the next few days. She says, "I'm really tired of being sick, but I guess it could be a lot worse!"
Love,
Becky and Barb
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Dear Becky and Barb,
ReplyDeleteI am glad everything checked out at the doctor. I pray that you are a lot better and stronger tomorrow, Wednesday. You have to get stronger soon so I can come and see you.
Love, Connie
Bless your heart- both of you. I am sure that the infection is magnified until she builds back up. We will be praying for this to pass.
ReplyDeleteHow I appreciate your testimony during the speed bumps along the way. I pray that the comfort of God be with you as you comfort others.
In His Grip,
Bruce