Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday - Day 87

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple. For in the day of trouble, He will keep me safe in His dwelling; He will hide me in the shelter of His tabernacle and set me high upon a rock." Psalm 27:4,5

What a blessing to know that God will keep us safe and shelter us in times of trouble.

Here is my first try at blogging...sister Barb has gone home and left it all up to me. I want to thank her for all of the blogs she wrote and for all of the journaling she did during the three months she was here. Most of all, I want to thank her for her care and devotion to my care while she was here. She truly has a servant's heart and a caregiver's heart. Thank you, Barb, I love you and am thankful you are my sister.

Barb and I left for St. Louis on Friday morning about 6:30. Of course, it rained most of the way, but we made it just in time for my appointment at 10:30. The blood work showed that platelets and hemoglobin were up from the last blood work done at Dr. Hoos'. That is a good sign. Stephanie (physicians asst.) was real pleased with how everything is going and is anxious to see the results of the Pet Scan and bone marrow biopsy which will both be done on the 26th of Oct. in St. Louis. They are concerned about the contact that I have with people right now because of all of the flu and germs floating around. So it seems I may be spending most of the winter at home. I certainly wouldn't want to get the flu and undo everything I have been through.

Tomorrow, one of my brother's and his wife are coming from Glasgow, Ky. to spend some time with me and to visit Branson. I'm anxious to see them; just don't want any Ky. germs. Ha

This week I have an immunoglobulin treatment on Wed. at St. John's. It is about a four hour infusion. Then I see Dr. Hoos on Thurs.

I will be giving updates as needed, but not every day. Thank you for your continued prayers and support. The prayers of God's people have gotten me this far. Please continue to pray for me to gain strength, to not pick up any viruses, and for patience.

Love in Him,
Becky

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are home!!! I miss Aunt B already!! You are off to a good start on blogging!! I love you and hope you get some rest. Talk to you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete